Saturday, April 17, 2010

iCarly Cake!


iDid it!! So here is the iCarly cake I made for my daughter's birthday last week. The little figures on top are Sam, Carly and Freddy with the camera. I tried a new technique on this one (thanks Paulette for the tips). I learned a few things doing the lettering on this cake and hopefully next time I can do an even better job:)


My daughter loved this cake (she loves anything iCarly). I must say though I really do need to invest (a whole $5) on a metal leveling spatula:) But for those who want to know how I did the lettering I printed the logo off the computer as a reverse image. Then I taped it to wax paper. From there i frosted it and then placed it in the freezer. I should have let it freeze longer but then I just placed it in the center of the cake. I had a slight issue with the "y" so due to me having to touch it up I put an extra layer on top of all the letters, otherwise it would have been completely flat. So it just depends on how you want it to look. (One other tip is to put another piece of wax paper on the back of your image while it's freezing, so that it's level when you put it on top of the cake as well) So there you go!

2 comments:

  1. Your cakes always turn out great! Too bad I can't eat them. I can tell you the frosting is always delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete