Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Frog Cake '08



This cake I made for my son, back in 2008. I totally forgot I made this one. This is my second cake that I made after the monkey cake. I borrowed this idea off the Internet. I wanted to do dark green polka dots however my son wanted red ones (even though it looks pink). It's made from two sheets cakes. One was baked in a round pan and then the other was a regular 9' x 13" pan and then I cut out the legs (two "L" shaped pieces) from it. I also made two cupcakes for the eyes. Then I just frosted it. The mouth is a pull'n peel licorice and the blacks of the eyes are peanut butter cups. We had a whole Frog theme going that day. We made frog puppets that we later used for our party favor bags, we colored frog pics and passed out stretchie frogs as prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment